Why is python custom code necessary? Better yet – why is it important to HubSpot?
With the introduction of Operations Hub, HubSpot has opened up a whole new world of solutions to previously unsolvable problems within their application.
With the ability to adjust data in-app, add custom-coded solutions to workflows, and sync data with apps that were previously tricky integrations, relying on third-party tools to solve these issues is becoming a thing of the past.
Learn more about python custom code for HubSpot and how it can help your business below.
Using Python Custom Code
If you weren’t already aware, Operations Hub is HubSpot’s newest addition to their “Suite of Hubs.” They define it as a unified toolset that:
- Connects apps
- Cleans and curates customer data
- Automates business processes under one central CRM platform
Using custom code within an application like HubSpot is a great way to solve problems that previously stuck points for data flow.
For example, the team here at Lake One was recently able to utilize Ops Hub to build out a workflow that adjusted a third party form submission’s data upon submission.
This simply wasn’t possible before without Ops Hub. Let’s dig into this a little deeper.
We tracked the form in question with HubSpot’s tracking code, and the submissions were collected automatically. However, there were limitations where the third-party form was hosted. These restrictions involved the Name field and how it was being sent across from the third party applicable to HubSpot.
HubSpot could only capture the field as the First Name property, and if there was a first and last name, it refused to capture it at all. Our client had an additional integration that also needed the Name fields from the form submission.
This is where the Operations Hub comes into play.
Easy Tips To Use Python Custom Code for HubSpot
- Simpler is better for smaller – Typically, secret API keys in code are not needed for smaller-scale solutions.
- Don’t forget to add necessary properties – Make sure to add in the properties you will need to reference at the top of the code side panel that shows up in the workflow to utilize them in your code.
- Test, test, and test – Test your code to make sure you are getting the results you need
- Clear labeling – Make sure your output variables are clearly labeled. Once you are back in the workflow, you can only see the variable name.
Implement Python Custom Code For Your HubSpot with Lake One
Operations Hub has a plethora of use cases, and this example is just scraping the tip of the iceberg when it comes to implementing python custom code.
If you can code it, you will likely be able to accomplish it with this tool. HubSpot has example solutions that you can access on their website to spark some ideas for potential solutions.
For more information or if you would like assistance on python coding, contact our digital marketing experts at Lake One today. We’re always here to help.