The upcoming expertise of the Highlands and Islands was celebrated in style at the UHI business enterprise opposition awards yesterday (May possibly 25).
Extra than 60 entries were being manufactured by business owners and students and set ahead to judges this 12 months.
Judges whittled the shortlist down to 14 stand-out proposals with 8 finalists getting property winners’ plaques and two exclusive prizes.
Hosted at UHI Inverness campus, it marked a return to in-particular person awards adhering to past year’s virtual party caused by the pandemic.
Strategies ranged from a new design and style of a health supplement shaker, to a “clever” jumper created to record and deal with domestic abuse.
The entrants had been all praised by UHI Inverness principal and main executive Christopher O’Neil as “extraordinary”.
The award winners:
- Very best presentation: Ciara Bow.
- Most effective researched: Aleksanda Czeck-Seklecka.
- Youth entrepreneur: Jack Barrie.
- Finest social impact: Rebecca Wallace.
- Ideal engineering: Calum Macdonald.
- Finest student: Chloe Muir.
- Professional: Jack Barrie.
- Culture and atmosphere: Anna Renouf.
- Most progressive enterprise: Chloe Muir.
- Johnston and Carmichael accountancy package: Michael Fallows and Connor Rae.
- Top prize: Ciara Bow.
Do you want to answer to this write-up? If so, simply click listed here to submit your ideas and they could be printed in print.